Should an unexpected event, such as a plumbing leak, occur while you’re away Shuswap Home Watch & Property Management Services will assess and resolve the immediate threat to your home, notify you or your designate, email a comprehensive report with time stamped digital photographs, and upon request, manage the home repair. Similarly if an intrusion occurs we will re-secure your home, liaison with the police, notify you, prepare an incident report on your behalf, and maintain ongoing communication with both the police and yourself. We know the Shuswap and upon request can recommend a reputable contractor to resolve any issue, as well as monitor and keep you up to date on their progress.
When you are away some of the services Shuswap HomeWatch & Property Management can provide include:
- detailed inspections of your home’s interior including furnaces, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, sinks, toilets, washing machines and hot water heaters
- the security of all windows & doors
- the turning on of faucets and garbage disposals, and flushing of toilets
- the feeding of small indoor pets and the watering of plants
- the turning on of different room lights to increase the appearance of occupancy
- the periodic starting and/or moving of your car
- the opening and closing of blinds and draperies
- checking for signs of vandalism or trespassing
- monitoring outside taps and sprinkler systems
- monitoring outside lighting
- collecting of newspapers and flyers to ensure your home doesn’t appear unoccupied
We take care of your home or cabin when you are on vacation or away for an extended period.
We increase the security of your property and reduce your worry by inspecting your home or recreational property on a regular basis and emailing you comprehensive reports.
Should an unexpected event occur Shuswap HomeWatch & Property Management will professionally manage it on your behalf and according to your directions.
Some of our services include:
- satisfying your home insurance policy conditions for occupancy through regularly scheduled inspections and detailed reports (see link)
- monitoring your home for break-ins and vandalism
- performing scheduled inspections to protect your home from plumbing leaks, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning related issues
- the removal of flyers, newspapers and mail to ensure your home’s security is not compromised by an unoccupied appearance
- the timely inspection of your home and property after storms and power outages
* see next column for a more comprehensive list of our inspection and ancillary services.
How Our Services Work:
Prior to your departure we will visit your home or vacation property to put together a customized service plan. From the service plan we’ll create a checklist that will be completed and emailed to you after every inspection. These detailed records of inspection will help ensure the occupancy condition of your home insurance policy is met and give you the “peace of mind” that comes from knowing your home is being regularly monitored and not taking on a “vacated” appearance.
Our customized inspections are performed in a professional, methodical manner and are designed to maximize the security of your property and protection of your privacy.
Other Basic Services We Can Provide:
- timely inspection of your home and property after storms and managing power outages
- placing trash and recycling out to the curb
- light snow removal and yard maintenance
- hot tub and pool maintenance
- the collection and/or forwarding of mail
- looking after bill payments
- grocery shopping for the “basics” and house cleaning prior to your arrival back home
- picking up your pet from the boarder so they are home upon your return
Project Management and Home Maintenance Coordination:
- oversight of painting, redecorating, remodeling, scheduled maintenance projects and other contracted work
- securing of realtor services
- vacant property staging
*Additional services may be available upon request